Slot machines have been around in one form or another for over 100 years, and the games have slowly evolved in terms of complexity and customer satisfaction. While the younger generation has been spoiled on slots that play audio and video clips from popular movies and TV shows, veteran gamblers still remember the days of the single payline and one-armed bandits.
The Double Jackpot Black and White slot machine from Bally Technologies attempts to bridge the gap between these two worlds, as it features modern payouts and features while offering three reels and a single payline. This game is likely to appeal more to old-school casino patrons, although the prize money is large enough to tempt younger gamblers.
Play Double Jackpot
The Double Jackpot Black and White slot was originally created for brick-and-mortar casinos. When it proved to be a favorite among players of all age, Bally set about adapting it for other platforms. Now online gamblers can enjoy the game, whether through a virtual casino or free social media setting.
Double Jackpot Paytable
As with all slot machines, this Bally title includes a paytable to inform players of the various symbols and winning combinations. In order to make your life more convenient, I’ve listed all the available prizes in this section.
Please note that the player has the option of depositing from one to three coins on this game. The more coins wagered, the higher the payout for a winning combinations.
In order to determine the total payout, the number of credits on a winning payline is multiplied by the size of the player’s wager. If, for example, a gambler decides to wager 10.00 and manages to hit the top jackpot, the resulting payout amounts to 100,000.00.
- Any Three Symbols – If a mixture of any three icons appear on the payline, the game pays two, four, or six credits.
- One Bar and Two 5 Bars Symbols – When a combination of the bar symbols is hit, the resulting payout is either five, 10, or 15 credits.
- Three Bar Symbols – If the player manages to get a trio of bar icons, then the payout is either 10, 20, or 30 credits.
- Three Five-Bar Icons – When a trio of these symbols turns up on the payline, the resulting win is either 20, 40, or 60 credits.
- Any Three Sevens – If the player manages to get any combination of red, black, or white sevens, they’ll win 20, 40, or 60 credits.
- Three White Sevens – This symbol is worth 40, 80, or 120 credits, depending on the number of coins wagered.
- Three Black Sevens – This icon either pays 100, 200, or 300 credits.
- Three Red Sevens – When a trio of red seven icons turn up, the payout is either 200, 500, or 1,000 credits.
- Black and White Double Jackpot – When the game’s main symbol turns up three times on the payline, the player wins the largest possible jackpot. This starts at 2,000 credits for a single coin, then moves to 5,000 credits for a pair of coins. If all three are wagered, then a jackpot of 10,000 credits becomes available. This is definitely a slot where it pays to risk the maximum possible amount.
Even if you can’t get a trio of Black and White Double Jackpot icons, you can still pick up some cash when one or two of them appear on the screen. If one such symbol shows up, then the overall value of the payline is doubled. When two are present, the value is quadrupled. In this game, even near misses are designed to add to your bankroll.
The overall look of this game is unimpressive to say the least, but that’s sort of the whole point. It’s intended to be a throwback machine, which means symbols are limited to basics such as sevens and bars.
The black and white color scheme is particularly dull, and the sound effects are nothing more than routine. This is in keeping with the retro feel of the game, though, and anyone obsessed with fancy animation is likely to pass the machine over without a second glance.
If you’re more concerned with payouts than presentation, then the Double Jackpot Black and White slot from Bally Technologies is worth a look. The upper cash prizes are more than generous, and special items like holds and nudges can turn even a losing spin into a winner. Hipster gamers might not be impressed, but those who remember the golden days of Vegas are sure to take notice.